About the VP Finance
We’re looking for a VP Finance to join our team. We are looking for an individual who has demonstrated leadership experience, combined with a deep understanding of accounting, reporting, and analysis. This person will work closely with the General Partners and existing team members.
By contributing to the firm’s constantly increasing standard of excellence, quality of work, and investment returns, our team members are positioned to grow with us and become senior leaders in the organization and venture capital industry. We work best with people who are collaborative, versatile, curious, hard-working and always ready to pitch in.
Responsibilities may include (but not limited to):
- Provide comprehensive reporting and analysis to understand the performance of each fund in real-time
- Survey founders and gather company performance data for quarterly portfolio review
- Oversee and execute process to track and report portfolio and fund data, collecting information for each new and follow-on deal when it closes, as well as each exited company
- Produce portfolio performance metrics quarterly - TVPI, IRR, DPI, and several other metrics
- Evaluate, select and maintain software system to manage portfolio and fund data
- Help to maintain and execute the firm’s portfolio valuation process
- Maintain real-time Reserves Analysis and updated portfolio construction in that system and ensure that the system is fully integrated into 645’s CRM (Voyager)
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- You have 5+ years of experience in a finance or controller capacity (PE/VC experience (preferred)
- You are a CPA or CFA (preferred)
- Advanced accounting/financial modeling skills to make accurate calculations, estimates, and forecasts (with a strong attention to detail)
- Advanced experience working with excel and google sheets
- Familiarity with private equity and/or venture capital organizational structure and operations
- Familiarity with computing and analysis investment returns, particularly TVPI, IRR, and DPI
- Familiarity with different valuation methodologies and comfortable building valuation models
- Highly responsible, responsive, communicative and transparent
- Very high level of energy, highly self-motivated, and a passion for success
- Excellent ability to listen, understand, connect and build strong relationships
- Highly organized and incredible time and project management, team coordination and strong ability to multitask.
- Proven ability to thrive under tight deadlines while successfully juggling a multitude of projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently, self-starter and can run from beginning to end with robust projects
- Very strong communication skills, both written and verbal . This includes ability to communicate effectively with co-workers,management, and the firm’s stakeholders about the finances of the business and justify certain financial recommendations
About 645 Ventures
At 645 Ventures, we help founders bring the invisible to life. Everyday we wake up and work to cultivate exceptional people, stories, and companies that are changing the way we view and experience the world. We achieve this purpose with over $550 million of assets under management (AUM), deep institutional support, and top tier returns. We’re nine years old, growing fast and backed by leading institutional investors, including the world's best university endowments, funds of funds, and pension funds. We’ve also built and activated a Connected Network of individual LPs who are industry leading business people and have influenced outcomes for our portfolio companies. Our network has grown over five funds in eight years, and successfully supports our portfolio companies through customer acquisition, talent acquisition, strategic partnerships, board placements, and company acquisitions.
We have over 50 active companies in our portfolio that we’ve backed at the Seed or Series A stages. We invest between $1 million - $15 million as lead investors or members of syndicates of other top tier funds. Several of our portfolio companies have scaled to hundreds of millions in revenues, have become unicorns by exceeding $1 billion in post-money valuations, and have exited through IPO and M&A. Our companies span enterprise SaaS, infrastructure software, and consumer technology. Our goal is to back founders who aspire to build iconic businesses that transform industries and reach large scale M&A and IPO events. We are proud to have several companies already on that path including FiscalNote (IPO: NOTE), Goldbelly, Iterable, Overtime, Resident, Eden Health and Solidus Labs.
We have built a growing team and culture that is inclusive, collaborative, and which prioritizes a client-service mindset. 645 is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion—and our team and community reflect that commitment. We’re proud to lead by example in the venture capital community while nonetheless striving to do better ourselves.
How to apply
Please fill out this brief application form on Airtable:
We’ll follow up shortly with the next steps in the process!