Are you passionate about startups, but looking to broaden your experience beyond just one? Or are you interested in learning more about how things work in venture capital?
As a full-stack engineer at 645 Ventures, you'll help our investment team discover fantastic new companies such as Cube.js, Panther, DeepSource, Solidus Labs and others who have reached $1 billion+ (unicorn) status. And you’ll have the freedom to work from anywhere you choose (or from our offices in New York City or San Francisco if you prefer), with deep autonomy in your process and flexibility in your schedule.
We’re a software-powered VC fund that has been transforming startup investing for 8+ years. Our proprietary software, which we call Voyager, acts as the operating system for our firm and supports everything from discovering companies, conducting due diligence, monitoring our portfolio, collaborating with other firms, and measuring our team’s performance. We’re growing fast, with over $400M under management, and our investors and partners include some of the most respected names in startups.
As an engineer at our firm, you’ll be working on a powerful and beloved piece of software. As a teammate, you’ll be encouraged to participate in every aspect of the firm: supporting our investment team as they discover deals and conduct due diligence, attending partner and deal meetings, supporting our firm’s fundraising and investor relations, and helping our portfolio companies. You’ll also actively participate in the larger startup community, where you’ll expand your personal and professional network.
We’re deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion—and our team and community reflect that commitment. We’re proud to lead by example in the venture capital community while striving to do better ourselves. Check out our growing team here.
We offer competitive salaries, similar to what you might earn at a startup, as well as financial participation in the firm’s carried interest program (similar to having equity in a startup).
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer, you will
- Shape the product direction of our internal 645 Voyager software, as well as the external software tools we offer to startup founders and the dashboards we offer to investors in our firm.
- Identify new data sources to add to Voyager and leverage those sources to find and evaluate great companies.
- Contribute to open source projects, hack on new products, present at conferences, etc. We want you to grow as a developer while also giving back to the community.
- Support our investment team in discovering and evaluating deals, especially in industries where you have expertise. This might include open source software, developer tools, and software infrastructure.
- Help grow the firm’s engineering team and capabilities, including supporting hiring, evaluating external software vendors, and shaping the firm’s overall technology strategy.
You might be a fit for this role if you
- Have 3+ years of full-stack experience shipping high-quality software.
- Have significant experience with React and some experience with Rails or similar frameworks, such that you can learn Rails quickly on the job if it’s new to you.
- Approach problems quantitatively and systematically, using a combination of data and user feedback to drive your decisions and recommendations.
- Enjoy wrangling large and complex datasets and presenting data in a clear and unified way.
- Closely follow emerging trends in technology, so that you can evaluate these trends and identify the best companies within them.
How to apply
Please fill out this brief application form on Airtable:
. We’ll follow up shortly with the next steps in the process!