About the Executive Assistant/ Office Manager Opportunity
We’re looking for an Executive Assistant/Office Manager to join our team. This individual will provide high-level administrative support to the Investment and Research team and manage the general administration of our New York City (in-person) and San Francisco (remotely) offices. Ideally, this person has previous experience running an office environment, organizing and coordinating everything from calendars to dinners and has a passion for putting a smile on people’s faces.
By contributing to the firm’s constantly increasing standard of excellence, this role will have a tremendous impact on our team. We work best with people who are collaborative, versatile, curious, hard-working and always ready to pitch in.
Responsibilities may include (but not limited to):
- Working from the NYC office (Monday through Thursday, may need to be onsite some Fridays)
- Responsible for meticulous calendar management, including planning meetings, coordinating recurring check-ins and communicating with multiple parties to schedule events for the Investment and Research team, including setting up team dinners
- Support calendar management and coordinator for Investment & Research founder meetings
- Responsible for booking travel, as well as calendaring and travel coordination for team members (as needed)
- Liaison with building management for visitors, maintenance requests, etc (for both NYC & San Francisco offices)
- Responsible for daily lunch orders for the team and other logistical items such as coordination of office supplies and food and snacks
- Responsible for maintenance of the email address management system in coordination with the communications
- Responsible for maintaining and shipping branded 645 Ventures swag, including sending of gifts to individuals and annual holiday gifts
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- You have 3-5 years of experience in a Office Manager/Coordinator or Executive Assistant role within a VC or financial services environment (PE/VC experience (preferred))
- Experience working with excel and google sheets
- Highly responsible, responsive, reliable communicative and transparent
- Very high level of energy, highly self-motivated, and a passion for success
- Excellent ability to listen, understand, connect and build strong relationships
- Highly organized and incredible time and project management, team coordination and strong ability to multitask.
- Proven ability to thrive under tight deadlines while successfully juggling a multitude of projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently, self-starter and can run from beginning to end with robust projects
- Very strong communication skills, both written and verbal
About 645 Ventures
At 645 Ventures, we help founders bring the invisible to life. Everyday we wake up and work to cultivate exceptional people, stories, and companies that are changing the way we view and experience the world. We achieve this purpose with over $550 million of assets under management (AUM), deep institutional support, and top tier returns. We’re nine years old, growing fast and backed by leading institutional investors, including the world's best university endowments, funds of funds, and pension funds. We’ve also built and activated a Connected Network of individual LPs who are industry leading business people and have influenced outcomes for our portfolio companies. Our network has grown over five funds in eight years, and successfully supports our portfolio companies through customer acquisition, talent acquisition, strategic partnerships, board placements, and company acquisitions.
We have over 50 active companies in our portfolio that we’ve backed at the Seed or Series A stages. We invest between $1 million - $15 million as lead investors or members of syndicates of other top tier funds. Several of our portfolio companies have scaled to hundreds of millions in revenues, have become unicorns by exceeding $1 billion in post-money valuations, and have exited through IPO and M&A. Our companies span enterprise SaaS, infrastructure software, and consumer technology. Our goal is to back founders who aspire to build iconic businesses that transform industries and reach large scale M&A and IPO events. We are proud to have several companies already on that path including FiscalNote (IPO: NOTE), Goldbelly, Iterable, Overtime, Resident, Eden Health and Solidus Labs.
We have built a growing team and culture that is inclusive, collaborative, and which prioritizes a client-service mindset. 645 is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion—and our team and community reflect that commitment. We’re proud to lead by example in the venture capital community while nonetheless striving to do better ourselves.