Head of Talent & Networks opening at 645 Ventures
As a top Seed/Series A investor, 645 Ventures has reached a scale where we are playing a significant role in helping our founders find their earliest (and most critical) hires in both GTM and engineering/design functions. 645 is seeking a Head of Talent and Networks who will work closely with our Success Team and portfolio founders to find early hires as well as grow our people network to build repeatable processes and infrastructure to scale early-stage companies into rapidly-growing, category-leading businesses.
As the Head of Talent and Networks, you will...
- Develop and execute best practices to support portfolio founders in recruiting early team members for GTM or Engineering/Design roles.
- Work closely with 645’s leadership and Engineering teams to expand the capabilities of 645 Voyager (i.e. internal proprietary software) and help founders source potential candidates, customers, advisors, and board members.
- Systematically engage and grow the 645 network to best serve the needs of our portfolio and firm.
645 is looking for someone with...
- 4 years+ of recruiting experience at either: a) an early-stage startup that scaled rapidly; b) a technology recruiting firm focused on sourcing talent for early-stage companies; or c) at a venture capital firm on the platform team.
- Demonstrated ability to grow, engage, and maintain a network of highly skilled and exceptional people.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and willingness to facilitate or moderate sessions with experts targeting founders or highly skilled people who are looking to join VC backed startups.
- The ability to work autonomously, take the lead, and dive deep on projects with a solution oriented mindset to solve complex problems.
That being said, as long as you think you can be successful in this role, we would be happy to consider you as a candidate.
At 645 Ventures, we help founders bring the invisible to life. Every day we wake up and work to cultivate exceptional people, stories, and companies that are changing the way we view the world. We achieve this purpose with over $200 million of assets under management (AUM) and deep institutional support. We’re seven years old, growing fast and backed by leading institutional investors, including university endowments, funds of funds, and pension funds. We’ve also built and activated a Connected Network of individual LPs who have influenced outcomes for our portfolio companies. Our network has grown over three funds in seven years, and successfully supports our portfolio companies through customer acquisition, strategic partnerships, board placements, and company acquisitions.
We have over 40 active companies in our portfolio that we’ve backed at the Seed or Series A stages. Several of our portfolio companies have scaled to hundreds of millions in revenue and have become unicorns by exceeding $1 billion in post-money valuations. Our companies span enterprise SaaS, infrastructure software, and consumer technology. Our goal is to back founders who aspire to build iconic businesses that transform industries and reach large scale M&A and IPO events. We are proud to have several companies already on that path including Goldbelly, Iterable, FiscalNote, Overtime, BespokePost, and Resident.
We have built a growing team and culture that is inclusive, collaborative, and which prioritizes a client-service mindset. 645 is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion—and our team and community reflect that commitment. We’re proud to lead by example in the venture capital community while nonetheless striving to do better ourselves.
Our core values include reputation, patience, insight, perspective and integrity. We have offices in New York and San Francisco.
We have built 645 Ventures on top of inherent network effects in the venture capital busienss. The firm has organized digitally and socially organized networks that 645 Ventures leverages as touchpoints for its founders during the course of their companies’ growth. The firm has built multiple active networks:
- Founder Network to provide mutual support through challenging leadership and scaling decisions,
- Investor Network of partners who invest alongside 645,
- Connected Network of influential individual investors, and
- Extended Network of industry experts who provide tactical support that ranges from scaling sales teams, becoming early users and customers of portfolio company products, and helping companies raise new funding rounds.
The exceptional founders that we back not only benefit from these networks, but also join them. The Head of Talent and Networks will work closely with the firm’s Success Team, Engineering Team, and leadership to organize these networks and help our founders tap into the networks for the benefit of their personal, leadership, and company growth.